Costa Rica – Jungle Lodge
June 19 – 26 2019
8 Days/ 7 Nights
En Suite Double – Rooms
Prices are per person for the Retreat and include:
- - Accommodation at Hotel on First Night and Jungle Lodge in en-suite bedroom
- - 2-Way Transfers (group travel)
- - Meals - Full Board
- - Fresh linen and towels
- - Room clean every other day and change of towels
- - AM & PM - 6 hours Daily Yoga practice & Meditation with Fatoumata
- - Use of yoga mats and equipment
- - A guided Sunday walk through the 225-acre Nature Reserve of Cabo Blanco
- - Unlimited use of the pool, Jacuzzi and Wi-Fi
- First Night stay at Hotel in San Jose - Costa Rica – To rest after overnight flight from London. Collection early in the morning the next day in destination to the Jungle Lodge. We will travel by Ferry from San Jose to Mal Pais, and not by plane.
- Rooms at the Jungle Lodge:
- 4 twin rooms which are largely spacious, featuring private bathrooms with a hot shower, mini-fridge, room safes and ceiling fans.
- A Casita which comprises of a 2 x single beds, the Casita has an en suite bathroom and fridge.
- A delicious breakfast of local fruit (papaya, mango’s, pineapples) Yogurt, cereal, eggs, cafè & toast with jam is served each day
- A healthy buffet lunch is served each day (except Departure day). The food is mainly vegetarian but may include some local fresh fish dishes if required. The food is locally sourced & organic, as much as possible.
- Dinner: A Lemon + Ginger hot drink and a selection of tropical fruits to complement the cleansing effect of the Yoga Program. Except on the First night stay at San Jose (Dinner at restaurant included) and the last night before departure where buffet dinner will be served at the Lodge (included).
- 2-Way Transfers to and from the lodge in Mal Pais (group travel)
Here we will experience a healthy and fulfilling connection with nature and the earth, AM and PM Yoga practice with Fatoumata – 6 hours daily. The jungle & land of the lodge has a healing and centring energy force which Yoga practitioners alike an unforgettable deeper level of communion with mother nature. Mats and equipment provided.
What's not included:
- Flights to Costa Rica & Travel Insurance
- Transport to local restaurants/shops/villages
- Holistic treatments
- Any extra optional activities and tours
There are many discount flights to Costa Rica via Europe and the United States and travel from the UK is even easier (and cheaper) now that British Airways has direct flights from London Gatwick to Costa Rica. Group flight booking recommended and make cheaper for transfer costs (otherwise this would have to be charged separately and on an individual basis). Please specify in your booking if you would like to travel all together and we can then look at a discount group flight booking well in advance.
The venue is in an intimate and peaceful jungle lodge set in flowering gardens within a 90-hectare private reserve next to Costa Rica's oldest nature reserve; Cabo Blanco National Park and is situated in the district and beautiful unspoilt nature of Mal Pais.
With its wide diversity of plants, trees and wildlife, the extensive property forms a continuous stretch of forest connecting to Cabo Blanco nature reserve.
Discover the fascinating jungle wildlife and nature within the resort's private mile-and-a-half long jungle trail on foot or on horseback. Here you will find a mosaic of jungle, rolling hills, mountains and creeks, with some lookout points from where you can enjoy panoramic views to the Pacific Ocean and beaches of Mal Pais. The location is so very convenient - the village and scenic beaches of Mal Pais are just a mile away downhill, while buzzing Santa Teresa, with some of Costa Rica's most coveted surf points, restaurants and shops is a fifteen minutes’ drive from the lodge, Cabuya and Montezuma famous for beaches and wild life are also a short drive from the lodge.
Walks and treks
Included in the price is a free guided walk on Sunday, after breakfast. The walk is led by a native local guide who lives on the property who has a vast knowledge of the area and is led through the private 225-acre reserve which has abundant water sources and medicinal plants. The evergreen trees attract many animals.
The Jungle Lodge has its own stable, so horse riding can be booked at any time. Let the horses be your gentle guides through mountains, jungle and the local beaches for a sunset ride. Depending on the rider's level, various tours are offered.
Riding can be booked at daily at breakfast-time and costs from $40 for a 2-hour ride.
Beaches, Paddle boarding Surfing & Diving
Nearby San Teresa is a popular beach location and the area has some of the best surfing beaches in Costa Rica and the lodge is just four miles from the famous Playa Carmen surfing beaches. Surf and paddle boarding lessons are suitable for beginners and board rentals can be arranged at breakfast each morning and cost from $55 for a 2-hour lesson. Scuba diving is also possible.
Nature Tours and Bird Watching
The property is adjacent to Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve but has significantly less foot traffic. The jungle lodge's 225-acre private reserve affords an opportunity to learn about the jungle's medicinal plants and exotic animals and is a wonderful launching point for bird tours. Local nature guides can be booked on an hourly basis each day at breakfast-time. There is also the local nearby Butterfly Farm too which is a wonderful experience.
Enjoy a wonderful boat tour on the Pacific coast where you can snorkel and scout for turtles, dolphins, manta rays, whales, and a variety seabird. These can be booked at the nearby Mal Pais beach.
Fish for tuna, snapper, mahi-mahi and many other species, near Cabo Blanco island, with one of the local fishermen.
Shopping & Dining
Nearby San Teresa is a great place to shop with a range of boutiques and restaurants serving a range of Costa-Rican and international cuisine from local dishes to sushi. (Transport can be arranged to visit San Teresa).
A range of high quality natural Ayurvedic & Holistic treatments are available at the lodge and can be booked at breakfast-time daily. Treatments are conducted in a warm, safe, healing environment in a purpose built treatment shala on the resort surrounded by the sounds and beauty of nature.
Treatment prices range from $30 to $100 per session, depending on your choice of treatment and duration, and Treatment menu is given on arrival.
Deposit: £400 - Booking open to secure your place
3 SPACES LEFT
Final balance payment options:
1. Settle final balance in full by 15th April 2019
2. OR spread your final balance in 2 X instalments with final instalment by 15th April 2019
If you have any questions or require more info, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.